Prince Harry isn’t waiting on an apology from his royal family members.
“I’ve had to make peace with the fact that we’re probably never going to get genuine accountability or a genuine apology,” the Duke of Sussex says in Episode 6 of his and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” which began streaming Thursday.
“My wife and I, we’re moving on,” Harry, 38, continues. “We’re focused on what’s coming next.”
The prince, who stepped back from his royal role in 2020 and officially resigned the following year, claims to viewers that he and Markle, 41, experienced “institutional gaslighting” from the palace during their departure and in the aftermath.
“Everything that’s happened to us, was always going to happen to us,” he says. “Because if you speak truth to power, that’s how they respond.”
Earlier in the Liz Garbus-directed show, Markle speaks of being a “scapegoat” for the royal family.
“You would just see it play out. Like, a story about someone in the family would pop up for a minute. ‘Gotta make that go away,’” the former actress explains of stories of her being used as tabloid “real estate.”
Markle’s friend Lucy Fraser chimes in, “They would feed stories on her, whether they were true or not, to avoid other less favorable stories being printed.”
Harry additionally accuses the institution of leaking his family’s temporary move to Canada in January 2020, alleging that a detail from an email to his father, King Charles III, became front page news.
“That was the giveaway,” the former military pilot says. “I was like, ‘Wow. Our story, our lives, literally got taken from underneath us.’”
Harry also addresses a joint statement he and Prince William released in January 2020, which clapped back at claims that the Prince of Wales, 40, “bullied” his younger brother out of the family.
“No one had asked me permission to put my name to a statement like that,” Harry recalls. “I couldn’t believe it.
“They were happy to lie to protect my brother and yet for three years they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
Harry, who insists he never “blindsided” the late Queen Elizabeth II with his royal exit, currently lives in Montecito, Calif., with Markle and their two children.
Their son, Archie, was born in May 2019, followed by daughter Lilibet two years later.
Neither Buckingham Palace nor Kensington Palace have commented on the docuseries.